Under the Renewable Fuel Standard the EPA has imposed a “buyer beware” approach to the purchase and sale of RINs. This creates a liability for any buyer of RINs, making them responsible for purchases of invalid RINS, even if done inadvertently. The liability includes the replacement cost of invalidated RINs as well as civil fines and penalties imposed by the EPA. The EPA has already prosecuted millions of US$ worth of fraudulent RIN transactions, yet fraud continues to be a significant risk.
This risk is not covered by standard property and liability insurance policies. Parhelion Underwriting has therefore created a solution to this risk. Backed by investment grade insurers with S&P rating of A+, the Parhelion Platinum RIN completely removes the risk and exposure to invalid RINs.
- Complete removal of invalidation risk and liability Indemnifies cost of replacing invalid RINs
- Indemnifies for civil fines and penalties
- Coverage matches triggers defined in RFS regulations Coverage travels with insured RINs
- Policy limit covers future market price risk increases Three-year coverage period
- Policy can be purchased by any participant
- No requirement for QAP…
- …but discounts available to QAP participants
Next Steps: Please download and complete the Parhelion Platinum Application Form RIN Generators or the Parhelion Platinum Application Form RIN OP and Marketers and email to us